Thursday, October 07, 2004

SPIKE: OK. (turns to leave)
BUFFY: (walks after him) You're a dope.
SPIKE: I'm a what?
BUFFY: You're a dope. And a bonehead. And you're shirty.
SPIKE: Have you gone completely carrot-top?
BUFFY: Do you see this? (holds up the scythe) This may actually help me fight my war. This might be the key to everything. And the reason I'm holding it is because of you. Because of the strength that you gave me last night. Look, I am tired of defensiveness and weird, mixed signals. You know, I have Faith for that. Let's just get to the truth here, OK? I don't know how you felt about last night, but I will not—
SPIKE: (breathes in, looks away) Terrified.
BUFFY: Of what?
SPIKE: (lets out a slow sigh) Last night was... (looks up) God, I'm such a jerk. I can't do this.
BUFFY: Spike...
SPIKE: It was the best night of my life. If you poke fun at me, you bloody well better use that, 'cause I couldn't bear it. It may not mean that much to you, but—
BUFFY: I just told you it did.
SPIKE: (sighs) Yeah...I hear you say it, but... I've lived for soddin' ever, Buffy. I've done everything. Done things with you I can't spell, but... I've never... been close... to anyone. Least of all, you. 'Til last night. All I did was... (smiles) hold you, watch you sleep. And it was the best night of my life. So, yeah... I'm... terrified.
BUFFY: You don't have to be.
SPIKE: (looks at her) Were you there with me?
BUFFY: (looks straight at him) I was.
SPIKE: What does that mean?
BUFFY: I don't know. Does it have to mean something?
SPIKE: No. (looks away) Not right now.
BUFFY: Maybe when...
SPIKE: No. (throws up his hand) Let's just leave it.
BUFFY: OK.
SPIKE: (sighs) We'll go be heroes. (walks out the door)

Does this conversation seem familiar? C'mon now! You can't be that dense, now, can you? Oh please, stop with the modesty! Put your PCing skills to good use. I'm sure you can figure it out... And if you can't... Oh boy... Useless aren't we? Tsktsk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home