Friday, September 24, 2004

One of the things I hate the most, and I do believe many people hate, is being treated like a child. I know for a fact that I'm not yet an adult. I'm not yet capable of making my own decisions about a lot of things and I'm not ready to leave the safe shield of my childhood.

But I do know that I can take care of myself and that I know what I am doing. It's unfair of you to treat me like your little baby when you feel your name is being threatened. I don't understand what I have to do or say to prove to you that although I will always be your daughter, I have my own life that has nothing to do with you. I wish you would just let me go, let me breathe, let me be, the way you let your other children. I don't see what I'm doing different for you to treat me different than you did to them at the age I am at now.

If you knew the things I've faced and the things I've managed to pull myself through without your help, I really don't know if you'd be proud. I hope to God that if you knew you would have at least the slightest bit of pride. Because I feel proud of myself. I feel proud because I know I can be independant. Proving it to myself was difficult and painful, but I did it. Proving it to you will be... Monumental...

And I'm so tired of trying...

You are forever complaining and whinging that you lost two of your children to the evils of the outside world. One to the pull of the party life and dangerous living and another to the clutches of a foreign land. Ever wondered why they wanted to leave home in the first place? I dare not blame it all on you because I would be making the assumption that it had to do totally with you. I'm sure there were other reasons... But one of them was you. And you know it. You will just never admit it to yourself because you believe it's inappropriate of a loving, God-fearing, law-abiding parent to do something of that sort...

Oh no... NEVER! *tsktsk* You would never make a mistake! What a thought!

ningallu cheythathu ennikki mathiyaai...pashae ennikki onnum cheyaan pattathilaa...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home