Thursday, August 25, 2005

You used to be up there on one of the highest pedastals that I could conjure up in my mind. And that's saying something after everthing that's happened. But, yes, you were up there.

WERE.

You fell off off off. I tried to grab you before you hit the ground. But you seemed hell bent on your journey. It's like you really wanted to fall. There was no regret, no remorse.

I don't feel sorry for you. You don't deserve that. I just feel sad because you seem to have lost all will to fight. As if you've given up on all things and all people around you.

Seems rather hypocritical doesn't it? You were, after all, the person who told me that anything can be overcome and there's no reason in hell to lose the respect of the people around you, the people that care. If for nothing else, then for them, you should stay happy and strong, and the person that they were drawn to.

You are so far below the pedastal and so far from redemption that if you ever want to make it up, or even try, you'll have to build a ladder, rung by rung, and work your way up. I don't know what to say to you anymore. I can't even look at you.

You can't help but feel disappointed when friends, dear dear friends, fall from grace. And that's where you were with me. Up there with all the other people I respect and admire and praise and love. If it meant nothing to you, it's reallt alright.

I'll mourn for the both of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home