Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's now past 12mn and my birthday is officially over. Yep, I'm 20 now. Not a teen anymore.

I reckon this should make me a tad bit more mature. I highly doubt it'll happen though.

I'm really grateful though.

To my friends and famiy for all the presents and calls and smses.

But for making this birthday the best one ever, I have to thank Bubba.

He did so much and he spent so much.

I don't really know what to say to him really. Except that I'm grateful beyond words and touched.

And that doesn't even begin to say it all.

He works hard for his money and I know he did have plans for it. Maybe not a plan like "I'm going to use this to buy a house," or something. But I know he did want to use it so that he'd have a good life in university. And I know how important that was to him. And for him to sacrifice some of that money to buy me something... It is too sweet and too thoughtful...

And if that wasn't enough, he was determined to not let my birthday go by without making it a big deal. And he did. He did make it a big deal. And he made it a big deal in the most perfect possible way. With my nearest and dearest and some good old fashioned hang out and chill time. Which, of course, happened after they surprised me while I was doing my eye-shadow! I had only had one eye done! My face wasn't on yet! *blushes* I do have to say, though, that Bubba knows me and my getting-ready-to-go-out routine so well, that he knew exactly when to activate me so that I would be changed out of my ratty-tatty house clothes by the time everyone walked in.

But nevertheless, it was perfection and I hereby admit that I have no right to whine about the insignificance of my birthday.

Because for the past 2 birthdays, one boy has made every effort on his part to make it as special as he can. And he has achieved it and I am forever thankful.

I love you Bubba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home