Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It does't feel like Christmas and I hate that. I walked out of my room (where I've spent all evening) and into the kitchen and it felt like any other night. That's not the way it's meant to be.

I see you trying to make me feel better. And I appreciate it. But as odd as it sounds, I feel like I owe it to myself to feel cranky.

These days are tiring me out. I know I have to stop expecting so much and then getting disappointed. But I just cannot help it sometimes.

What did I want from today? I wanted a few friends over during the day, then I wanted to get dressed and go out somewhere glamorous. Put on a dress and some heels, leave the house and get told I look ravishing. I wanted to meet friends, show off the new jewellery I just acquired, wish the people I know a Merry Christmas, have a few drinks, hold you close and watch other people make silly Christmas fools of themselves. I wanted to stay out til late and go home happy and high.

If ever there was a perfect time for this phrase, this is it:

BAH HUMBUG.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my christmas was no better. most lacklustre one i've had..ever. which is odd, cos it used to mean so much.

but the apathy, the sheer apathy killed it.

(mad love xoxo)

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home