Thursday, May 17, 2007

I remember a few weeks ago, while my mum was out of town, I had to drag my exhausted butt out of my bed at 5.15am in the morning to go for an exam. I go to have a shower, and I am greeted by a cockroach in the loo. Like a small child, I tiptoe to my parents' room where my dad is changing for work and whimper "Papa...Paata..." (yeah, cockroach in Malayalam.). I have never seen anyone spring into action so quick. He grabs a newspaper without any other question, charges into the bathroom, smacks the bugger and flushes it.

Then he comes out, like nothing happened, pats me on the shoulder and says that it's all ok now.

My hero.

(And to you who killed that roach at my request, you're my hero too.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am not a hero;i am a murderer!!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

no you're not!

tsk!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home